This month in KDE Web: January-February 2020
This is the first post in a monthly series about improvements to the KDE websites. I plan to publish it every last Saturday of the month. Since a lot happened in January and I didn’t mention it anywhere, I will also mention those things in this post.
- KDE Connect gained a new website and a promotional video. This was done during the Season of KDE project. (Arjun Thekoot Harisankar, see repository).
- Juk is a music player and music manager. A new website for it was created by Anuj Bansal, (see commit).
- KDE e.V. is the non-profit organization that represents the KDE community in legal and financial matters. The e.V. website was migrated to Jekyll and now uses the shared Jekyll theme. (Me: Carl Schwan, see commit).
- KMyMoney is a personal finance manager and the project website was also migrated to Jekyll and now uses the shared Jekyll theme (Me: Carl Schwan, see commit).
- kde-china.org is now using the Jekyll theme and is hosted in the KDE infrastructure (Yunhe Guo, see repository).
Updates to kde.org
Updated image for the recently launched Plasma 5.18 (Jonathan Riddell and Me: Carl Schwan).
Reduce KDE patron logo size for kde.org (Ilya Bizyaev, see task).
Added option to disabled the donation form in the Jekyll theme. (Jumpei Ogawa, see commit).
Various minor fixes to the Aether css theme (Anuj Bansal and Me: Carl Schwan).
A component selector for the Jekyll theme was also added. This will be helpful for making kontact.kde.org use the KDE Jekyll theme and not a custom theme and for others projects who have multiples components (e.g. Calligra). (Anuj Bansal, see merge request).
How you can help
We always need help with website, fixing papercuts, upgrading old websites to the new Jekyll/Hugo infrastructure, making sure information on the website is up-to-date, creating beautiful home page for your favorite project and a lot more.
The Elisa maintainers are looking for someone who wants to create a website and a junior job task was created.